Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WELCOME TO MRS. McCAMY'S BLOG

Dear Parents:

I would like to welcome your child to my Spanish class. Learning another language is never easy but can be fun and rewarding. It is my goal to make learning Spanish both easy and fun. However, lots of work on the part of your child will be required. I will also teach all students how to organize the information they receive and how to keep it in such a way that it is easily accessible at all times.

We will be working on the mastery of the four skill levels: reading, speaking, listening, and writing. Students will be assessed constantly and will always know their academic standing in my class. I also post all grades on SPAN and urge you to check their progress regularly. Every form of assessment is given the same weight so everything they do matters.

I do not use a textbook having found that preparing my own materials and teaching what the students need to learn when they need to learn it is the best method for success. I have included a course outline so that you can see what we will be covering this semester and the order of the material.

If you need to contact me please either email me at lmccamy@wcpss.net or call 233- 4083 and leave a daytime number where you can be reached so that I can call you during my planning period.

Sincerely,

Luana McCamy
Spanish Teacher
Athens Drive High School

No comments:

Post a Comment